Roanoke Trade is the leading provider of insurance and surety solutions for transportation and logistics providers. In fact, we are recognized as the most reliable source for U.S. customs bonds.
Established in 1935, we were the first company in the United States to serve the needs of customs brokers and their clients. Our mission has always been – and continues to be – to set the industry standard in delivering quality insurance, surety and risk management services to those businesses involved in importing, exporting or transporting goods.
Roanoke Trade is a subsidiary of Munich Re, one of the 10 commercial insurers and one of the top 100 largest companies worldwide. We are also an affiliate of the Munich Re Syndicate, Ltd., the leading syndicate underwriting transportation risks at Lloyd’s of London.
We’re strategically represented in ten cities throughout the United States and hold appropriate resident and non-resident insurance licenses in all 50 states and in the District of Columbia.
The staff at Roanoke Trade stays abreast of the continuing changes in your industry, and participates in and supports the various trade meetings and conferences hosted by the freight forwarding, customs brokerage and logistics associations. We tailor our customers’ insurance protection and develop surety products to accommodate these changes whether dictated by regulation or exposures to financial requirements.
Insurance Market Clout
Our designation as a service company for Munich Re Syndicate, Ltd., gives us significant underwriting and claims settling authority for Lloyd’s of London. In addition, we retain access to expanded Lloyd’s facilities and to U.S. admitted carriers, ensuring we are able to structure the right blend of coverage for individual requirements. We also have the flexibility of segregating customary risks from high-risk exposures and insuring those in a manner that protects your insurance policy and maintains competitive premiums.
An Advocate for Our Clients
Logistics, compliance, finance and other groups within your organization must share responsibility for managing risk. However, each group will often address risks from different perspectives. Roanoke Trade will focus on the transportation and supply chain intermediary component to ensure you gain maximum rewards from your overall risk management program.
To ensure we are always anticipating and preparing to meet your needs, Roanoke Trade is actively involved in the following:
- Trade Support Network for the development of the new Automated Customs Environment (ACE) in the United States
- Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of Customs and Border Protection (COAC)
- Executive Committee of the United States Council for International Business (USCIB)
- Board member of the Air & Expedited Motor Carriers Association (AEMCA); Coalition for New England Companies for Trade (CONECT); Florida Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association; Organization of Women in International Trade chapters
- Board of Governors for the American Association of Exporters and Importers (AAEI) and Platinum Sponsor participant of AirCargo and NCBFAA
- Active member of the Air Forwarders Association (AFA), Council of Logistics Management (CLM), National Association of Foreign Trade Zones (NAFTZ) and various other international trade, transportation, supply chain and insurance groups where we proudly serve as an advocate for our clients’ immediate and long-term needs
- Member District Export Council and Export University sponsor
Roanoke Trade: Your In-house Personal Transportation Insurance and Surety Expert
To learn more about Roanoke Trade, please visit our Company History page. For more information about programs and services, please contact us at 1-800-ROANOKE.