The Women’s Traffic & Transportation Club, Inc. cordially invites you to an upcoming dinner meeting on ATA Carnets: Understanding Temporary Imports and Exports with the ATA Carnet
An ATA Carnet is an international customs document that provides duty-free customs clearance for temporary imports and exports into over 100 countries. ATA Carnet simplifies temporary entry by eliminating the need to post a temporary import bond or file a duty drawback. Virtually all goods, whether hand carried or cargo-shipped, may be covered by ATA Carnets. This informative workshop, presented by Amanda Barlow, will cover:
- USCBP clearance of both U.S and foreign ATA Carnets to ensure the proper execution of the ATA Carnet for your customers
- How to avoid the misuse of an ATA Carnet and how to resolve any errors before they become a Customs claim, including the right color coded pages and dealing with erroneous stamps
- Best practices to mitigate a Customs claim from USCBP or foreign Customs
- Managing split shipments, partial shipments and transit operations
- Replacing lost or stolen documents and managing theft of the goods while on ATA Carnet
- …and more!
This event will be taking place on March 8, 2017 from 6-8:30pm at the Poplar Inn Restaurant, 7700 Wise Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21222. Register for this event today by emailing Stacey Hylenski at email@example.com by March 3rd. We hope to see you there!